Data protection policy/terms and conditions of use
You can rest assured that here at Jobzone, we are committed to protecting the personal data and privacy of those who visit our website and who wish to make use of our systems. To ensure complete compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) our computer systems are kept updated at all times.
Jobzone’s services, websites, and systems constitute a modern recruitment service that is continuously being developed and improved, and which makes use of new technology. By using the website and our services, you agree to the terms and conditions of use.
The following is a simplified overview of what you personal data is used for and how this information is saved. If you wish to read a more complete legal description, you will find it here. Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that all information you enter is correct and valid.
What data do we collect?
- Information that you enter in your role as a user, e.g., when you sign up or use a contact form on our site, respond to a survey, complete a test, or contact us
- Information and statistics about your visits to the website, so that we can customise the site according to your needs and show you relevant information
- Information related to your assignments/your employment relationship with us
What is your personal data used for?
- To match your skills and experience against vacancies (either manually or automatically in the system) when new positions that may be right for you become available
- To find and show you jobs that match your preferences, your expertise and your experience
- To improve your user experience by tailoring content according to your preferences
- To send you information about vacancies, events, etc
- To constantly improve and develop the system and the website in order to create better services for you
Who has access to data about you?
- Employees of Jobzone
- A summary is displayed to the employer when you are among the top candidates for a position
- Some subcontractors, in connection with IT operations – these subcontractors are subject to contracts which impose strict requirements when it comes to ensuring the protection of your personal data
How long are the data stored?
- We store your personal information for three years after you register your profile. If you still wish to be registered, you may consent to this
- The Accounting Act, the Taxation Act, and the Act on Employer Reporting of Employment and Income Conditions require us to store personal data related to wages/taxes/pension earned/paid while you were employed through us. We follow HR Norway's guidelines regarding the storage of data related to employment relationships
How are the data secured?
- Your account with us is protected by an encrypted password
- All data you enter is protected with access control
- If Jobzone discloses personal information with a country outside of EU or the EEA, this will occur in accordance with EUs template agreements for personal information transfer with third party countries, or other agreement in accordance with GDPR chapter 5. This also applies to access to personal information stored in EU or the EEA, if the user with access resides outside of EU or the EEA
- Our third-party providers are also obliged to comply with the Data Protection Act, in accordance with the data processor agreement
What rights do you have?
- You have the right to inspect which personal data (about you) Jobzone has in its systems
- You can request that misleading or inaccurate information be corrected/deleted at any time
- You have the right to know where the data come from and to whom they are communicated
- If decisions are made automatically/by a computer system, you have the right to require human intervention
- You can demand that your profile be deleted
- You have the right to have your personal information disclosed in machine readable format
Read the full terms and conditions here.